That is such a tough question when you are a young adult. How is possible that you are to choose the path for the rest of your life when you are in your teenage years. Well, StrengthsFinder, personality assessments and the Strong Interest Inventory can add great insight in choosing your future direction, read below to find out more!
StrengthsFinder for Students Program - Individual Coaching - What Can You Expect?
In this program, the student will receive individual attention and coaching through the college and career counselling process. The program consists of the following:
- A StrengthsFinder Assessment code with instructions for completion
- A Strong Interest Inventory Assessment Code with instructions for completion
- 3 - 1 hour Coaching Sessions to review, discover and develop a plan for university and career options
- A Where Do I Go Next booklet for discovery and planning
- A StrengthsFinder workbook for the program
- The option for further coaching on a one off basis as needed
StrengthsFinder for Students - 1 Day Program - What Can You Expect?
- Small group setting of like minded and age similar students, both male and female
- 1 full day of learning in a group environment, with an opportunity to learn about, share and brainstorm around how to incorporate your top 5 themes into your daily work and school life
- StrengthsFinder Assessment and identification of your top 5 innate talents and how to turn them into strengths
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII) Career Assessment will provide you with a profile and interpretive report (see below for an explanation of SII)
- Identification of environments and areas of study that will allow you to thrive based on your top 5 talents and your SII results
- How to express your talents and what sets you apart in college applications, resumes, cover letters and job interviews
- Understanding the impact of your themes on your communication style and being a more effective communicator; speaking, listening and managing the expectations of yourself and others
- A Where Do I Go Next booklet for discovery and planning
- A StrengthsFinder for Students workbook for the program
You Are Unique!
And so are your talents. In fact the chances of you having the same top 5 strengths in the same order as someone else is almost as unique as your fingerprint!
This is very important when you are trying to determine what direction to take with your post secondary education and career planning after high school
The StrengthsFinder for Students program is specifically designed for you!
17 Million +
Number of Strengths Finder Assessments Completed To Date
1 in 278 Thousand
Chances of Someone Having the Same Top 5 Strengths as you in random order
1 in 33 Million
Chances someone has the Same Top 5 in the same order as you
What is Strengths Finder?
The Clifton StrengthsFinder is a web-based assessment that immediately upon completion provides you with access to your top 5 innate talent themes.
The mission of StrengthsFinder for Students is to help you Discover, Develop and Apply the information in your report in order to create your best chances for success in high school, university and beyond. If you are considering this program, please keep reading so you can see all that is included in this "first of it's kind" that has been created just for you!
What are the benefits of knowing your top 5 Strengths?
When you participate in the "StrengthsFinder for Students" program you will learn how to apply your top 5 talents in the following ways:
- Resume/Cover letter writing - knowing what to write about yourself and being able to more clearly express who you are and what you have to offer
- Interview Skills - confidently speak to your areas of talent
- Study Skills - Providing insight into your preferred learning style and how to better utilize it
- Relationships - Increased understanding in how to build effective relationships and communicating more effectively
- Leadership - understanding that leadership is not about the position you hold, knowing the power and edge of your themes, and the specific domains your talents fall into. Learning to see the best in yourself and others
- Academics - Choosing a field of study is not easy, and can be down right frightening! StrengthsFinder can provide insight into potential areas of study
- Professional/Career Planning - examining and identifying areas of interest and potential careers that will allow you to utilize your talents
STRONG INTEREST INVENTORY
Helping You Find Careers You'll Love
Now more than ever, individuals need guidance identifying careers that suit their strengths, preferences and abilities. The Strong Interest Inventory®assessment is one of the world’s most respected and widely used career planning tools. It provides robust insights into a person’s career interests. It helps them discover potential careers they may not have considered and gives them a wealth of information about how they approach the world of work.
The Strong measures your interest in a broad range of occupations, work activities, leisure activities, and school subjects. The questionnaire compares how these interests are similar to the interests of people successfully employed in those occupations. It is used to help people understand their work interests and to illustrate the kinds of work in which they might be most satisfied.
The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment continues to be the leading choice for career practitioners in helping people in their search for rich and fulfilling careers.
- Used and proven for over 80 years
- Investigates 6 broad interest areas, determining Investigative,Artistic, Social, Enterprising, Conventional, or Realistic interests.
- Measures preference for 30 professional fields of work
- Ranks the top ten occupations in terms of compatibility
- Outlines typical college/university majors based on the themes of greatest interest to you
- Utilizes your basic interests scales from the SII to identify: Campus organizations/activities, job settings and college courses that may appeal to you based on the assessment information
- Identifies potential occupations, the educational requirements and the related careers for those occupations
- This assessment will also identify preferred environments for working and learning ie, do you like to work with people or are you a more independent worker, do you prefer practical hands on learning or more traditional classroom theoretical learning
An Example of Strengths in Action
Let’s think about basketball for a second, lots of kids start out playing basketball, but many have a hard time learning the plays, while others get it after just being shown once. Or how about a computer program, once person can figure it out without assistance while another can’t grasp it (or only barely grasp it) after hours of instruction. All of these differences speak to the presence or absence of a talent. When we work in our area of talent, our ability to continue to improve and excel with the addition of practice and knowledge has no limit.
When you combine skills, knowledge and practice you keep getting better and better and better. Think Micheal Jordan for a moment, he didn’t start out a superstar, in fact, he was cut from his high school basketball team. He had natural talent but it was hard to see until, he gained the knowledge of the game, learned the skills necessary to play the game and then practiced relentlessly. This, my friends, is what it means to take your talents and develop them into a strength…. Now not everyone will be a Michael Jordan but every person on earth does 1 thing better than 10,000 other people. Your quest is to start the discovery process.
Wouldn’t it be great to know this now, so you head in a direction that will fill you up and make you want to get out of bed and go to work everyday. The average working adult will spend 79,226 hours working from age 22 to 65 (based on 39.2 hours per week). So it is really important to work at what you love, and experience success in it… repeatedly. This is why Strengths Finder is so important.
So how does a potential strength become a full blown strength?
Well let me help you with that, when you know your talent, then add practice, skills and knowledge to the mix, you can begin to apply your talents with intention to your world.
It helps understand why….
- you like some things and dislike others
- you like to have lots of things going on around you, or enjoy a quieter environment
- you always pick someone to race while driving
- Get irritated when other people miss things that seem so obvious to you
- you can stand up and speak in front of people, while others would rather poke out their eye with a pen than do that
- you talk to people in elevators, airplanes, grocery stores and anywhere else you can find someone to talk to
What’s very cool is that when you are able to apply your strengths at work, home or play, it’s fun, satisfying and gives you a huge sense of pride. Work is less like work and a whole lot more like play. Knowing and understanding your strengths describes your motivations, allows you to show your passion and gives you energy.